This policy sets out how Roomies.com will collect, use, store, disclose and provide access to information about you and how you can keep that information accurate. By using the Website, you agree to be bound by and consent to this policy.
In this Policy, defined terms have the meaning given to them in Roomies.com's Terms and Conditions of Use: https://www.roomies.co.in/terms
Roomies collects information from you that is required to create an account. The details are used for the purpose of publishing your listing(s), to communicate with others, and to save other listings to your dashboard. In addition, the information and content collected will assist in promoting your listing to the most relevant users. This personal information may include, but are not limited to, your name, telephone number, street address, and email address.
You may delete your account at any time, for any reason, by visiting your account settings and locating "Delete Account" at the bottom of the page. Once an account is deleted, your personal information and active listings will be removed from the website.
If you wish to pause your listing but keep your account with us, you may do so by simply deactivating your account from your dashboard. After deactivation, you can log back into your account at any time.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a deletion of your data.
2. Use and disclosure
In addition to the primary purpose for which Roomies.com collects and uses your personal information, Roomies.com and its nominated agents may also use the personal information Roomies.com collects, and you consent to Roomies.com's use of that personal information:
- for purposes necessary or incidental to the provision of goods and services to you including, without limitation, for marketing or promotional purposes;
- to manage and enhance the Services;
- to communicate with you, including by email, mail or telephone;
- to verify your identity;
- to investigate you and your use of the Website and the Services if Roomies.com has reason to suspect that you are in breach of the terms and conditions of use of or have otherwise engaged in unlawful activity; and/or
- as required or permitted by any law.
- Roomies.com may disclose your personal information, and you consent to Roomies.com disclosing your personal information, to Roomies.com's related bodies corporate and associated entities (as those terms are defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)) (Other Entities) whereby your personal information will be collected, used, disclosed, managed and stored in accordance with this policy.
Roomies.com may also disclose personal information, and you consent to Roomies.com disclosing your personal information, to third parties:
- Roomies.com engages to perform functions or provide goods or services on its behalf;
- that are Roomies.com's agents, business partners or joint venture entities;
- authorised by you to receive information held by Roomies.com;
- as part of any investigation into you or your activities, for example, if Roomies.com has reason to suspect that you have committed a breach of these Terms and Conditions of Use or have otherwise engaged in unlawful activity, and Roomies.com reasonably believes that disclosure is necessary to police, any relevant authority or enforcement body, or your internet service provider or network administrator;
- as part of a sale (or proposed sale) of all or part of Roomies.com's business or the preparation for a listing of Roomies.com; and/or
- as required or permitted by any law.
- Users of the Website other than yourself cannot access your personal information, such as your address, email address or telephone number, unless you give them access to that information.
- Roomies.com will not disclose to any user other than the intended recipient the contents of any messages sent through the messaging service available on the Website.
- Roomies.com will not disclose to any user the content or source of any complaint made against, or feedback received, about that user (or any other user), including the nature, substance, or origin of that complaint or feedback.
Roomies.com will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information it holds about you from misuse, loss, or unauthorised access. You acknowledge that the security of online transactions you conduct using this website cannot be guaranteed. Roomies.com does not accept responsibility for misuse of, or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information where the security of that information is not within Roomies.com's control.
4. Overseas disclosure
- In some circumstances, Roomies.com may need to disclose your personal information to entities located overseas where Roomies.com may not be in a position to know that those entities comply with Australian privacy laws or that the laws of the country in which that entity operates (if any) are substantially similar to Australian privacy laws. When necessary, Roomies.com will inform you that such disclosure may be necessary and will seek your express consent to disclose your personal information to such overseas entities.
- If you request Upgraded Services from Roomies.com, it will be necessary for Roomies.com to collect your credit card details and disclose those details to Stripe or Braintree who may or may not be obliged to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). By requesting Upgraded Services, you hereby acknowledge and accept these matters and expressly consent to Roomies.com disclosing your personal information to Stripe or Braintree (wherever located) with full knowledge that it may not be obliged to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles. Roomies.com will not be accountable to you in respect of the use or disclosure by that overseas entity of your personal information and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act in respect of such use or disclosure. You also expressly acknowledge and accept that you may not be able to seek redress under the laws of the country in which Stripe or Braintree is located or in the country or place in which that personal information is subsequently or otherwise disclosed or accessed. You may withdraw your consent to such disclosure at any time by providing not less than 7 days’ prior written notice to Roomies.com using the contact details provided below. If you do not consent to such disclosure, or you do consent but later withdraw that consent, you will not be able to use the Upgraded Services or, if you have already started using the Upgraded Services at the time you withdraw your consent, you will not be able to continue to use those Upgraded Services. You acknowledge and agree that you will not be entitled to any refund in respect of the Upgraded Services if you withdraw your consent.
You have the right to seek access to and update the personal information which Roomies.com holds about you. You can seek access to and update your personal information by contacting Roomies.com directly at email@example.com.
7. Website tracking
If you wish to stop receiving emails or other communications from Roomies.com which may be sent to you in the future, please notify Roomies.com by using the contact details given below, or by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email newsletter you have received from Roomies.com.
9. Contact Details